Recipe: Immunity Soup
With everything going on, a strong immunity is definitely a necessity.
Here’s a recipe for our Pumpkin and Chicken soup .aka. “Immunity Soup”.
– Irish potato
– Vegetables such as Onion, Tomato, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Broccoli
– Season 1/2 kilo of chicken breast, cut it up into large pieces, then set aside to allow it to properly season
– Put seasoned chicken alone in hot pan and allow to heat up for 2 minutes
– Then add 2-3 cups of water and allow chicken to boil.
– Peel pumpkin and cut into cubes. Then add 3 cups of cubed pumpkin to boiling chicken
– Add the following ingredients to the pot with the boiling chicken and pumpkin:
1 medium sized onion
Quarter of a small cabbage,
2 or 3 carrots that have been washed and the back scraped off,
2 irish potatoes, and
Allow the mixture to boil until chicken is cooked/tender: This is usually for about 30- 45 minutes.
N.B: it is important to adjust the heat so that the heat the mixture is boiling at doesn’t cause the water to dry up.
– Remove chicken into a separate bowl and debone it.
– Remove the remaining ingredients and blend them until smooth.
– Pass blended ingredients through a sieve and add water to allow it to properly drain through.
– Adjust taste of blended vegetables with salt and seasoning: you can use any seasoning of your choice. (For ours, we added Charissas seasoning, Turmeric, Black pepper, 1 teaspoon of Nutritional yeast, 1 table spoon of amino and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.)
– Put the mixture back on the fire
– Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat to simmer and add chicken
– Allow to simmer for 30 minutes
– Add broccoli
– Then leave to boil for 10 minutes
Whew that’s a long recipe! Honestly it’s really not stressful to make at all! And it tastes really REALLY good.
The second slide is how I had mine, with bread rolls for dinner…#yummy
Drop a like if you think this is worth trying. And stay safe!
Leave a Comment